We went to pick up the Kansas City kiddos today...We took the "Swagger Wagon" since we would have a total of FIVE KIDS with us...Oh My!!!!
We got to the "hand off" point around 150p and I got to meet Ann & John along with the kids. Ann & John gave me some tips on the kids (mainly Corinna-lol). The KC kids already ate at McD's and weren't hungry...and we had a snack at a DQ on the way...so the OKC bunch wasn't hungry either. So, we all piled into the van...and off we went!
And then the adventure of comedic errors began...Paul and I started getting hungry so we wanted Chip0tle...and I used my phone to find 3 locations...and I called one in Wichita, KS and they TRIED to give us directions...after 4 people, we gave up and I used the google maps function for directions...we had to turn around and go back 3 miles to Kellogg...and while we were driving on Kellogg I looked up and saw a HUGE Chip0tle sign!!!! I started screaming the name over & over and pointing!!!! It wasn't the one we were trying to get to...but that didn't matter...cause it was way closer!!!!!!
We go in and place our order...the kids still aren't hungry...but they eat chips and drink soda...go figure!?!? Then I start to realize...OH MY G-D!!!! We have FIVE KIDS with us!!! The 4 girls, yes- FOUR GIRLS...have to go to the bathroom...and it's a one-holer...yeppers, they all went in together! We hear a scream...I check it out and they are opening the door as I get there...it turned out it was the high powered hand dryer that freaked them out...again...go figure!
They were, overall, well behaved...but poor Cameron...he developed a shadow while there...Georgie!!!! Georgie loves older boys...and Cameron was a good sport.
Then we pile back into the van and head out of town towards home in OKC...and we just exit Wichita when Georgie starts to whine about having to potty again...SERIOUSLY!!!! She already went twice while in the restaurant. We tell her to hold on...and a short while later she starts to CRY cause she has to go really bad. So, we pull off in Braman, KS...and the gas station's bathrooms are OUT OF ORDER and poor Georgie is CRYING cause she has to go so badly. The four girls and I head back to the van- with plastic bags and toilet paper in hand...I have a small porta-potty in the van for emergencies just like this...cause Georgie's bladder holds the amount of a walnut! So, I set up the stinking potty and Georgie goes right there in the main section of the cabin...Paul and Cameron are standing w/ their backs to the van at the front. Then Corinna says she has to go...and she tries...I've got her blocked w/ a sun shade cause she's bigger than G...and she's got Maddie and Lilly watching her...go figure, the girl had a bashful bladder attack!
I dispose of the pee bag...and off we go down the road and the 1st place we find to stop is an OK visitor center...but it's CLOSED!!!! Wait, let's look around the side cause there's too many other cars here...BINGO!!!! We found nice, CLEAN bathrooms!!! We all take care of business and off we go again...
So then we pile back in...and off we go...we finally make it back to the house in OKC around 630p...exhausted and safe. We get the kids oriented w/ the house and get Corinna's things for her overnight stay w/ Paul's parents...and Paul takes the KC kids to his parents for dinner. I get the KC kids' beds ready for them, feed the OKC kids and do the dishes...I'm exhausted but blogging...
Paul & the KC kids (minus Corinna) just got home...showed the kids their beds, kitchen, etc...all is good. Told Cam that he's family, not a guest...so he can help himself to whatever he wants. Lily's in the bedroom w/ Maddie...she'll get the same spiel soon...lol!
Night to all...
We're a ZOO!!!!!!!!!
Robyn & Paul...
Fried Okra BLTs
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment