Monday, July 5, 2010

We got THE rings...and told...

We picked up the rings on Saturday...and let me just say...OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS...I think we have the prettiest rings EVER!!!! But don't most couples think that of their sets?!?!? I'll have to take a picture and post them...but let's just say we have parents' approval for both rings!

We spent the night on Friday in Tulsa and then picked the rings up on Saturday...we registered at both Target and Bed Bath & Beyond while up there...and we'll register at Macy's here in the city. We had such a FUN time registering at Target & BB&B without the girls too!!! We walked the entire stores and talked about each selection.

My Dad asked why we were registering and it was a legit question...I have a house and have been there for 15 yrs...and this is what I told him...I have plastics and nothing to entertain. The stuff I have is more for singles people or for kids...and Paul wants to entertain and I don't have anything to do that with. I want to have dinner parties he would be proud to have people come over. My Dad understood.

Then on Sunday (Happy July 4th to all)...I went to Paul's church...OMG!!!! Yes, this Jewish girl went to her fiance's church...and Paul introduced me as his fiance and his church is small...but we have had MANY discussions about religion and parenting and how we both want a faith-filled home. We both believe in the same G-d so we will start to read from the Old Testament together and introduce the stories to the girls. The girls will be starting Sunday school very soon too...and I want them to understand some basic ideas about being Jewish.

So, after church, we went to Paul's parents' home for lunch. His mother made us a most delicious chicken fajita lunch! And over lunch, Paul announced our engagement! And it was a shocker for them...but they both asked questions and realized that even tho Paul and I have only known each other a short time, we HAVE talked about some very serious topics and we had come to realize our philosophies on life and child rearing were very similar. We got their warm, heart-felt blessings by the end of the visit too!!!!

For Paul and I, it was very important that our parents like our spouse. Family is VERY IMPORTANT to both of us...and each set of parents is an extension of OUR family...and we truly wanted their blessings. I have no intention of removing Paul from his nor does he want to remove me from mine. We want to have a LARGE, HAPPY FAMILY!!!! We explained to his parents that the 5 children are OUR children...there is NO DIFFERENCE in the 2 sets. Our home will be a LOVING and WARM home for all 5 kids and we want our home to be a place that the kids WANT to come to when they are grown! We want them to bring home their children...we want them to think they can come home anytime they want and know they are welcome with open arms and loving hearts.

So...this weekend was a humdinger and ended with a wonderful dinner with my brother & John...then Paul and I took the girls to Edmond to watch fireworks...and we all threw poppers before the show...and Paul and I chased the girls w/ them...FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

I'm off the rest of the week...24/7 with the girls...PRAY for me!!!!

LOVE!!!!
Robyn & Paul

1 comment:

  1. I have been missing you, Robyn, so I came to your blog to see what's been going on. Awww, what a beautiful post. I'm so happy for you! And I'm happy for the girls too, what a blessing to have such a good man in their lives, a dad for those growing up years :) Can't wait to see the rings and hear more about wedding 'stuff'...love ya, Deb

    ReplyDelete