Well, we've had the KC kids since last Sunday...and I'm very happy to report- WE'RE ALL GETTING ALONG FABULOUSLY!!!!
Lily and Maddie seem to like each other best and Georgie & Corinna like each other best...and Cameron- the lone boy...well, he's found a younger "brother" in Georgie too! There are the occasional squabbles...there are FIVE KIDS in the house! But, overall, they all understand, we're FAMILY...and family sticks together...and we love each other.
Corinna and Georgie got into a disagreement outside the other night...I went out ther and said: You're sisters! Then asked Georgie: Are you sisters?!?! She said: Yes! Then I asked Corinna: Are you sisters? She answered: Yes. (a little unsure but she did answer yes)...then I said to them both: OK then! HUG!...they hugged and then started playing again like nothing ever happened. Awwwww...
We started a tradition the other night too...we go around the table and say at least 1 thing that made us happy that day. Let me tell you, I'm rather surprised by the kids' answers...and I'm very HAPPY with their answers cause they are said w/ such love! Last night- 3 of the 5 kids said they were happy for the dinner I served them!!! I finally made something ALL the kids liked!!!!
What did I make??? I found a marinade online (and tweaked it a bit) and put pork chops in it for about 30 mins...then I made mashed potatoes and buttered noodles. I forgot REAL veggies on purpose...I will slowly introduce the KC kids to REAL food.
For a bedtime snack, the kids wanted junk food...I said: you can have fresh fruit or just go to bed...well, they ate apples, oranges and grapes!!!! Lily really likes grapes! (mental note to self). The OKC girls eats fresh fruits and veggies all the time- since I've gone organic/all natural in the house. When we were in Tulsa and went to a farmer's market, Paul got the girls organic tomatoes...I've never seen them DEVOUR tomatoes like they did those!!!! And the OKC girls love tomatoes!
So...yes, I'm very much in love with my new family...and I am extremely thankful to G-d for allowing me to be in their lives! I may not be their biological mother, but I AM THEIR MOTHER too...and they know it. We just FEEL like a family.
We're taking the kids to see Dispicable Me this afternoon and then to Pops for dinner. Do you know how EXPENSIVE it is going from 4 to 7?!?!?!? But I wouldn't have it any other way...not at all.
I love my life...I love my Paul...I love all of our children...I am truly blessed!
Robyn
Fried Okra BLTs
2 weeks ago

I am so happy that YOU are so happy! I'm also happy you are still doing the org thing : ) What did ya think of that movie? I took G & L to see it while M was at camp. I'm kind of glad she didn't see it.
ReplyDelete