Saturday, January 29, 2011

I have been remiss...

I am soooo sorry...but life has taken me by surprise these past few months! I don't know if I'm coming or going and which way is right-side out!!!! So, for a fast & furious recap:

We got the KC3 kids day after Christmas for 1 week. Paul and I drove up to KC to pick them up...and I had no idea how COLD it is in KS!!! It's just 5 hrs north of us but the cold is very, very different...it's bone-chilling COLD. We had a blast with all 5 in the house again. They are marvelous children and we love them dearly. The KC3 and the OKC2 get along like true sibs do...they fight, the whine, they love, they play. It's just FANTABULOUS to see how they pick up where they left off each time they see each other. Paul and I will be taking the OKC2 with us this March to see the KC3 (spring break). We want to spend time w/ them on a long weekend so we can enjoy them fully.

Paul wants to take Cam to a KU game...along with Paul's best friend Josh (those 2 are definitely 2 peas in the same pod!!!). Pam (Josh's wife) and I just sit back and watch those 2 act like little boys...and we love every minute of it. Over the Christmas break, they came back down to OKC to visit w/ their family...so they came over one day to spend w/ us. Well, it led to playing outside with all the kids...Josh and Pam brought over Parker & Evan...and a new game was born! ZOMBIE TAG! Yes, you read correctly...ZOMBIE TAG. The chaser is a zombie...and if he catches you, you drop to the ground and wait...until there's only 1 non-zombie left and being chased...then the zombie screams: ZOMBIES ALIVE...and you all chase the lone, last non-zombie. And when you get him, you "eat" that person. It's a kids and grown-men who act like kids type of game...and it was a beautiful day.

We also had Maddie tested over the Christmas break...to help us try to get more school help for her. She's still having a lot of problems with comprehension and reading. Her RAD is still pretty bad...but that will take YEARS to heal- if ever....but we keep trucking along...trying to teach her what FAMILY is and how to act properly...and this can be a challenge on some days. But we were able to get her special ed for reading!!!! YEAH!!!! Paul and I were very excited about this.

Georgie- well, she's still Georgie...a little, dirty piglet. She should have been a boy. She LOVES trash...she can find trash on the ground ANYWHERE we go. She likes to pick it up and thinks it's treasure. Ugh. She's still as little as ever. Still too smart for her own good. Still the runt. Still my baby girl.

Paul and I have planned for this year...get our foundation fixed on the house. Possibly add a window/screened porch room onto our back patio so we can use that room 3/4 of the year. We also want to take our honeymoon on or around our 1 year anniversary. It feels like we've always been together. We make sure to tell each other we love each other every day. We're blessed to have each other.

What we did today...it's gonna be one of the last nice days of the season...cause we have a nasty, big snow/ice storm blowing in on Monday night...and it was 77* today! So, we bought lunch and took the girls to a local park (Hafer park in Edmond)...we ate a picnic lunch and let the beautiful sun shine down on us and warm us...and we ate and laughed and talked and enjoyed the weather. Then we walked the entire trail w/ the girls!!! We hadn't planned on walking the trail so Georgie wore flip flops and I wore slides...but we still did it! We let the girls play on the playground after the walk and they played like little kids do- hard & dirty!

Paul also started a new job 2 weeks ago!!! He's no longer in public accounting (yeah!!!!). He's working for a company that does some oil & gas stuff. I don't know the logistics of it...but he's home every evening and at a decent hour. He's able to go to school year round now...which means he'll be able to sit for his CPA exam in 2-3 yrs. I'm so proud of my Paulie!!!

So, as you can see...life continues. I've even slacked off on my picture taking. But I have been keeping people up to date on Facebook. It's easy to keep that one going. Feel free to friend me or Paul. (I do have to actually know you to accept your friend request- sorry).

Love to all...
Robyn

1 comment:

  1. Love the update, and I'm SOOO jealous that you had such nice, warm weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete