Paul left for his trip to Illinois today...we spent the morning together with the girls. We dropped his car off for an oil change and then went to Jimmy's Egg for breakfast. YUMMY!!!! Then off to Home Depot and we got him a garage door opener for the house. Then off to 2 different key makers cause our garage door has a lock & key from the 1950s and not just anyone can make that duplicate key...did you know that locksmiths aren't open on weekends?!?!? WOW.
So we went back to the house to set up his opener...and it was sooooo easy! We had fun "keying" his opener...I was on a step stool when I tested the opener and I about fell off the stool cause when you're head is THAT close to the actual chain and it starts moving....Ummmm...it scared the poop outta me!!!! Paul just LAUGHED...but then again, if he were the one on the step stool and jumped out of his skin, I'd have laughed myself silly too!
My neighbor was throwing a baby shower and was in the front yard...so I asked her if she knew someone that needed a couch and her friend next to her has a son that just moved out and needed furniture...well, problem solved! I wanted that couch OUT of my garage and her son needed a couch...I said it was heavy and he had to move it w/out any help from me...she said DONE! So, paul & I scooted it in front of the garage door and I removed as much cat hair as I could and febrezed it...when her son came later in the day, he would get the couch (we weren't gonna be home)...Paul and I agreed, we felt better about giving it to someone that needed it than donating it to a thrift store that would charge too much for it. So, it was a WIN-WIN for both of us.
His car still wasn't ready so we all piled back into the van and headed for the car place...and it had another 5 minutes to go so we all went to Braum's for frozen yogurt. The girls were so good today...and it feels sooooo right going out as a family. We fit so well together...the girls love him, I love him and he loves us...
When we dropped Paul off at the car place...my heart just broke...we have been together EVERYDAY since his birthday...and it just hurts to be apart. We talked off & on today while he was driving. He just texted me that he made it to the hotel and will be seeing the KC girls in a bit. We don't refer to the children as mine & his...they are OURS...all 5. So, we call the kids in Kansas City the Kansas City (KC) kids...we have 4 girls and 1 boy...
So, after we parted, I couldn't go home...I took the girls to the craft store. They made Father's Day gifts for G-Dad (my father) and for Daddy (Paul). Then we went grocery shopping cause I'm having a Father's Day BBQ for Dad. I'm gonna make my Balsamic chicken and grill some veggies...and we'll have fresh fruit salad for dessert...Yummy!!!!
Then to finish tiring the girls out, I took them to the local public pool for some swimming...OK...JUMPING into the water. I talked w/ Paul for 1 hr and 20 mins while at the pool. He was driving and we were missing each other terribly. He'll be back a week from Sunday...so in the morning, we drew hearts on each day for the girls to decorate...and they know when they get to the last heart, Daddy will be back home that night.
Missing you horribly, Baby!!!!
Love!
Robyn
Fried Okra BLTs
3 months ago

Awww, what a sweetie you are R !
ReplyDelete