I'm sorry I have been remiss about posting...life is happening at lightening speed!
Sunday, June 13th, I met his parents at 7pm. Paul's parents are soooo adorable! His father is such a HOOT! He's 79 and in excellent shape!!! He goes to YOGA classes! I brought over a bottle of wine and he kept cracking jokes that Paul's Mom is drunk 80% of the time and I'm just helping to keep her that way...LOL!!!!
Paul's Mom...she made us strawberry shortcake for dessert...and she's just a doll and a half! She's such a lady. She's my Mom's age and they are both firecrackers! As we sat around the table, we talked and LAUGHED and just had a good old time. They made me feel very welcomed.
Paul said they liked me...he could tell by how they treated me and how they acted with us. There's only one major concern about me tho (from his parents' point of view)...I'm Jewish and Paul's Lutheran. Paul and I are VERY compatible and we are very respectful of each other's religion. Both of us are mindful that we are NOT trying to convert the other...and we believe in the SAME G-d! In fact, I'm more spiritual than religious and have been encouraging Paul to go to his church.
Paul and I made an agreement this week...I want him to have a meal with his parents EVERY WEEK...he lives in the same city as them and I want him to have no regrets. It's quite obvious that he loves his parents...loves and respects them...and we all know that parents are older and life is so short & unexpected...I want him to be active in their lives. So, he's going to start going to their home for Sunday lunches starting in July...he's leaving for a 1 week training on Saturday...NO!!!!!!!! I won't see him for 1 week!!!!
So, I am happy to report...I will be honored to have Paul's parents for my in-laws! They are both very sweet and lovable people.
Love,
Robyn
Fried Okra BLTs
2 weeks ago

Well of course they love you, duh! I knew they would! They sound delightful and you are already making great strides in being a good daughter-in-law :) You and Paul are truly so blessed to have found each other!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! I'm glad it went so well.
ReplyDelete